CUSTOM In-Ear Monitors (CIEM)
CUSTOM IN-EAR MONITORS (CIEM)
- What is a CIEM?
A great-fitting pair of custom in-ear monitors begins with a great pair of ear impressions, which are taken by a hearing professional called an Audiologist.
- How to get your ear impression?
Schedule an appointment with an audiologist and tell them you want to have your impressions made for custom in-ear monitors. Access our map of recommended Audiologists by clicking here or use a local search directory. Note: The cost of your impressions must be paid directly to the Audiologist and cannot be billed to Pontaudio.
- Get Your Impressions Approved
BEFORE sending your impressions to us, you must send us photos so that we can approve them. After you have sent your photos to Pontaudio, a customer representative will respond to you within 2 business day.
- Mail Your Impressions
Once you’ve received confirmation from us that your impressions have been approved, fill out the Impressions Packing Slip, place it in the package with your impressions, and mail it to us. (Please contact us for our shipping information).
HELPFUL TIPS FOR OUR AUDIOLOGIST PARTNERS
- Our professional in-ear monitors require a full shell earpiece. Full shell impressions must include the full helix, crus of the helix, tragus and antitragus.
IMPORTANT: The impression must be taken just past the second bend of the ear canal.
- The impressions must be made of high viscosity silicone impression material.
- We also require the canal dams be made of cotton instead of foam. Foam tends to tear the end of the impression when it is being separated.
- The impression can either be taken with the customer's mouth opened or closed.
If your CIEM is purely for musical enjoyment, you may take a close-mouth ear impression.
If you are a performer/singer, you may take an open-mouth impression as it ensures a more secure fit while the artist is singing, playing an instrument or talking. Use a 1-inch bite block during the impression process. This stabilizes the process and is more comfortable for the customer. This also ensures that there is no jaw movement while the material is curing.
Supported models: SWEEAR N7PRO，SWEEAR SR11，SWEEAR SP9
- Customer upgrade cablecustomization
You can send your requirements to us, such as the specific equipment model and interface, and we will make analysis after receiving your requirements.